SPELFIE PRIVACY NOTICE (CHILD)
This privacy notice is written for children to understand. If you are a parent/guardian then please note that we have written it from your child’s viewpoint.
- We are Spelfie and we are responsible for the Spelfie website (www.spelfie.com) and the “Spelfie” mobile phone app.
- When you use the Spelfie website or the Spelfie app we may require information from you. Any information that can identify you is “personal data”.
- This page is our Privacy Notice. A Privacy Notice tells you how we use your personal data, so you know what happens with it when you give it to us.
- We may also run certain events where we need to put an age restriction on using the Spelfie app (such as where the sponsor is an alcoholic drinks company or advertises gambling).
- You have rights to ensure that if you do not like what we are doing with your personal data, you or your parent/guardian can ask us to stop. If you or your parent/guardian want to do this, or ask anything else, you can contact us by emailing: email@example.com
- For more information on your rights, please go to paragraph 8 below.
- Our full privacy notice explains in greater detail how we use personal data and can be found at: privacy.
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE MIGHT COLLECT?
- A list of the different types of personal data which we might receive when you use the Spelfie website or the Spelfie app is as follows:
- your name (if you create an account with us)
- your photos (if you use the Spelfie app to share “spelfies”)
- your email address (if you create an account with us)
- your login and password (if you create an account with us)
- technical information from your computer, tablet or phone tells us, such as where you are and the type of device you are using
- information about your visit to the Spelfie website or the Spelfie app, like which pages you visited. Some of this information is provided by cookies that operate on the Spelfie website and the Spelfie app. Cookies are small files which are downloaded onto your computer. These help the Spelfie website and the Spelfie app work properly and help us to improve the Spelfie website and the Spelfie app. For more information about cookies, how they work and the ones we use on the Spelfie website and the Spelfie app then please see our Cookies Policy
- your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our commercial partners
- When you use the Spelfie website or the Spelfie app we may require information from you.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
3.1 We use the personal data listed about either because (a) we have asked you, and you or your parent/guardian have agreed, or (b) we have thought about it and we think it is fair on you (and us) to do so.
3.2 We will use your personal data:
- to register you as a user of the Spelfie app and to open an account for you
- to provide you with support for using the Spelfie website or the Spelfie app
- to manage our relationship with you (for example, sending you information of changes to our user terms and conditions)
- to allow you to take part in competitions or complete a survey
- to recognise you when you come back to the Spelfie website or the Spelfie app
- if you give us permission, to identify your location when using the Spelfie app
- to respond to you when you contact us, or otherwise deal with any of your queries
- to find out who is on the Spelfie website or the Spelfie app, or who is using our products or services
- to run a safe and lawful business, and share information with those who help us to do this
- if you give us permission, to send marketing to you
- to use photos which you have taken using the Spelfie app in our advertising
4. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
4.1 We have other businesses who help us to carry on our business. They help us to run the Spelfie website and the Spelfie app and to understand how our products and services are being used.
4.2 We are part of a group of companies and we may share your personal data with the other companies in our group. For more information on what we do to make sure your personal data is secure when it is sent outside of the United Kingdom, please see paragraph 7 below.
4.3 If we ask other trusted businesses to help us deliver our products or services then we may need to provide your personal data to them based on our instructions. For more information on what we do to make sure your personal data is secure when it is sent outside of the United Kingdom, please see paragraph 7 below.
4.4 We may also need to provide your information to people who advise us (for example, lawyers and accountants); or to law enforcement agencies (for example, the Police); or to another company if we plan to sell our company or its assets to another company.
5. HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR INFORMATION
5.1 We do our very best to keep the personal data which we have about you safe and private.
5.2 We take steps to ensure that that any of the personal data which we hold of yours is secure and protected.
6. HOW LONG DO YOU KEEP MY PERSONAL DATA?
6.1 We keep your personal data only for as long as we need it, or as long as the law says we must keep it. When we don’t need it we will delete it.
7. TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE UK
7.1 We are based in the United Kingdom and generally we will only hold your information in the United Kingdom or the European Union.
7.2 However, we do business with other companies based elsewhere in the world (such as the USA) who provide services to us, for example companies that help us with our IT services and marketing services. Sometimes we may share your personal data with these companies.
7.3 If we do share your personal data with these companies then we will make sure that your information is protected in the same way as if it were still in the United Kingdom. This is done in a few different ways, for example if we send information to the USA then we will put a contract in place to guarantee the security of your personal data.
8. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
8.1 You have the same rights as adults in respect of your personal data. There are 8 rights and you can view them at: Individual rights | ICO.
8.2 These rights include asking us for a copy of the information we have about you, update information we have about you if it is wrong, ask us to delete all information we have got about you and more. To do any of these, please email our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8.3 You have the right at any time to complain about us to the organisation which protects your privacy rights in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk). However, before contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office, we would be grateful if you would give us the opportunity to put things right first.
9. CHANGES TO THIS INFORMATION
We may make changes to this privacy notice from time to time. We will post any changes on the Spelfie website or let you know by sending you an email.
Updated: January 2022