SPELFIE LIMITED – COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The promoter of the Competition is Spelfie Limited, incorporated and registers in Scotland with company number SC575621 whose registered office is at 8th Floor, 80 St Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5UB, United Kingdom (Spelfie)
2.1 The title of the competition is “SPELFIE EVENT TECH LIVE LONDON 2022 COMPETITION” (Competition)
2.2 The Competition will take place at Event Tech Live London 2022 on 16 and 17 November 2022 (Event).
2.3 The Competition is free to enter but you must:
- (a) take a selfie with the Spelfie floor stickers at the Event (selfie). For the avoidance of doubt, the Selfie must be taken at the Event and must include the Spelfie floor sticker in order to quality for the Competition;
- (b) post the Selfie on any of the following social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn (Post)
- (c) tag @spelfie_ltd and @eventtechlive on the Post; and
- (d) follow @spelfie_ltd
2.4 Alternatively, you may enter by subscribing to Spelfie’s newsletter through the relevant QR code provided by Spelfie which will be available for scanning at the Event.
2.5 The Competition will run from 9.30am on Wednesday 16 November 2022 (the “Opening Date”) to 5.00pm on Thursday 17 November 2022 (the “Closing Date”) inclusive.
2.6 There must be a minimum number of 20 competition participants for the Competition to run. For the avoidance of doubt, if there are any multiple entries from the same organisation or company then that will count as a single competition participant for the purposed of this clause 2.6.
2.7 All actions set out in clause 2.3 or 2.4 must take place no later than the Closing Date in order to enter the Competition. All competition entries after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
2.8 Spelfie will not accept responsibility for competition entries that:
- (a) do not follow the requirements set out in clause 2.2; or
- (b) where there is technical, systems, network, server, computer/device hardware or software failure of any kind which prevents the actions set out in clause 2.2 being completed.
2.9 By submitting a Competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2.10 The Competition entries will be judged by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Spelfie.
3.1 The Competition is only open to UK organisations and companies.
3.2 In entering the Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize you may win.
3.3 There is a limit of two entries to the Competition per participant comprising not more than one entry pursuant to clause 2.3 and not more than one entry pursuant to clause 2.4.
3.4 Spelfie reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize Competition.
4.1 There are two prizes to be won as follows:
- (a) 1 x Spelfie for an event relating to your business where you will have at least 250 attendees; and
- (b) 1 x “mystery prize” for the most creative Selfie.
- (Prizes, and each a “Prize“)
4.2 The Prizes are subject to availability. There is no cash alternative for the Prizes.
4.3 The Prizes are not negotiable or transferable.
4.4 The Prize to be provided in clause 4.1(a) will also be subject to Spelfie’s standard terms and conditions for Spelfie events (which can be obtained from Spelfie).
5.1 The decision of the judge is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
5.2 Spelfie will notify the winners of the Prizes no later than Monday 21 November 2022 using either:
- (a) direct messaging on social media from @spelfie_ltd; or
- (b) through email if they subscribed to the Spelfie newsletter in accordance with clause 2.4,
5.3 If you are a winner then you will have two (2) weeks from the Notification to claim the Prize by contacting Spelfie. Failure to claim the Prize within such timescale will result in you forfeiting the Prize and Spelfie choosing an alternative winner.
5.4 Spelfie will not accept responsibility for failure by the winner to claim the Prize as a result of:
- (a) incorrect information being provided by the winner;
- (b) Notifications ending up in spam or junk folders or being rejected by servers; or
- (c) technical, systems, network, server, computer/device hardware or software failure of any kind which prevents the Notification or acceptance of the Prize being delivered.
5.5 Spelfie does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the Prize.
5.6 Spelfie will send the names of the winners to anyone who emails email@example.com requesting details of the winners of the Prizes within one month after the Closing Date of the Competition.
5.7 If you object to your name and winning entry being published or made available, please contact Spelfie at firstname.lastname@example.org. In such circumstances, Spelfie must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
6. Limitation of Liability
Insofar as is permitted by law, neither Spelfie nor its officers, employees, agents or contractors will in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prizes except where it is caused by the negligence of Spelfie, its officers, employees, agents or contractors. Your statutory rights are not affected.
7. Ownership of competition entries and intellectual property rights
7.1 You agree that Spelfie may, but is not required to, make your Selfie and competition entry available on its website, social media channels and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition. You agree to grant Spelfie a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence of any intellectual property rights in the Selfie and competition entry to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the Selfie and competition entry for such purposes.
8. Data Protection and Publicity
8.1 Spelfie will only process personal information as set out in https://spelfie.com/privacy/. See also clauses 5.6 and 5.7 with regard to the announcement of Competition winners.
9.1 The reference to “you” and “your” means the organisation or company which has entered into these terms and conditions.
9.2 The reference to a “clause” means a clause of these terms and conditions.
9.3 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, Spelfie may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the Competition.
9.4 Spelfie reserved the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
9.5 These terms and conditions shall be governed by Scots law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.